Media Focused Training on HIV Prevention Strategies
|Starting on :||08:30 AM 15 October, 2014
|Ending on :||04:30 PM 16 October, 2014
|Moderator:||No Activity Moderator
||Activity Cost:|| Free Order
1. Dr. Pamela Njuguna Wanjira
Public Health Specialist
2. Mr. Otula Owuor
BA, Bsc, MA
Science Writer/Science Editor; Media Trainer/Communication Consultant
KMWA through its efforts to enhance HIV prevention research and education is scheduled to have Media Focused training for science correspondents and doctors in Kenya on scientific reporting with focus being on HIV prevention research and Microbicides
1. To update, deepen and broaden the understanding of Kenyan reporters on how to report science with a case study of microbicides.
2. To update the health and science correspondents and doctors in Kenya of on-going scientific developments in the area of HIV research and development in Kenya.
3. To promote improved communication between science correspondents and doctors.
4. To promote good practices in scientific issues reporting with a focus on HIV prevention strategies.
5. Development of key messaging strategies.
6. Bring the reporters to a level of preparedness for scientific findings that are in the pipeline