|Starting on :||01:00 AM 20 December, 2016||Venue:||GURU NANAK HOSPITAL|
|Ending on :||02:00 AM 20 December, 2016||Max Credits:||3.00|
|Moderator:||No Activity Moderator||Activity Cost:||Free Order|
Surgical wounds can be classified as follows:
• Clean • Clean contaminated: a wound involving normal but colonized tissue
•Contaminated: a wound containing foreign or infected material
• Infected: a wound with pus present.
• Close clean wounds immediately to allow healing by primary intention
• Do not close contaminated and infected wounds, but leave them open to heal by secondary intention
• In treating clean contaminated wounds and clean wounds that are more than six hours old, manage with surgical toilet, leave open and then close 48 hours later. This is delayed primary closure.
To learn about wound care and management